Saturday 3 October 2015

Bunia: A vibrant city of Eastern Congo (an aerial view) 1

Bunia is a vibrant city of Ituri Province, DR Congo. I am privileged as I got many times the opportunity to travel the area by UN helicopter at the time of security reconnaissance in respect of militia activities, civil protection or sometimes just to introduce the area from bird’s eye view to several UN officials. My Contingent Commander was also an important part of this type of activities; and I had to accompany my commander as the part of my job. Contingent commander tried to point all the important places, FARDC camps, camps of militia, our COB (Company Operation Base) and TOB (Temporary Operation Base) from helicopter and explain the recent activities so that the visitors can be up to date or aware of our works and at the same time they would be briefed about the overall situation in our area of responsibility (AoR).
 Sometimes we took short stopover in some particular places to meet the local armed forces, our troop members or civil elites. We talked to them, listened to them and sometimes narrate them what we are doing, what we will do soon to establish peace, what project we are going to implement to develop the area etc. I had to interpret the both side speeches in English and French or vice versa.

However, here the pictures I am posting not only taken from Bunia city, moreover, a good portion of the photos will represent the surrounding of Bunia.  






















   

No comments:

Post a Comment